[Numpy-discussion] [numfocus] Re: A new webpage promoting Compiler technology for CPython

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:36:20 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io> wrote:
> If you want to discuss this in public.  Let's have the discussion over at
> numfocus at googlegroups.com until a more specific list is created.

Sounds good.  I actually think numfocus is a great list for these kind
of 'in-between' discussions that don't quite fit a specific project
too well, but for things that also don't warrant their own mailing
list yet.

I'd love it if the numfocus list was always seen as a good space for
that kind of 'connective tissue' work in our own community.  Obviously
there's a point where such topics may evolve into their own projects,
but in the past we haven't had a good space for that kind of thing,
and in my mind the numfocus list can really help play that role.

Cheers,