[Numpy-discussion] Segmentation fault with pickled numpy float64 arrays since 1.8

Jonathan Rocher jrocher at enthought.com
Sun Dec 22 15:34:29 EST 2013

I am not observing this with Canopy on MacOS 10.8.5 (64bit). I have numpy
1.8.0 and cPickle 1.71.

My guess is that it is a problem with your setup. To figure out what is
going on, I would have more questions for you so please email me privately
a good email address to reach you at.

Best,
Jonathan

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Hugo Gagnon <
opensource.numpy at user.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Mac OS 10.8.5
>
>  --
>   Hugo Gagnon
>
> On 2013-12-21, at 5:20 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Hugo Gagnon <
> opensource.numpy at user.fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I've updated numpy from 1.7 to 1.8 with EPD I get segmentation
>> faults whenever I load back pickled float64 arrays.  Here's a minimal
>> example:
>>
>> """
>>
>> import numpy
>> import cPickle
>>
>> a = numpy.arange(5, dtype='float64')
>>
>> with open('test.p', 'wb') as fh:
>>     cPickle.dump(a, fh)
>>
>> with open('test.p') as fh:
>>     a2 = cPickle.load(fh)
>>
>> print a2
>>
>> """
>>
>> However the above works fine with int32 arrays, i.e. with a =
>> numpy.arange(5).
>>
>> Does anyone else experience this problem?
>>

> I don't see that here on 64 bit fedora 20, numpy-devel. What OS are you
> running?
>
> Chuck

Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer