[Numpy-discussion] Deprecation of financial routines

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 08:45:53 EDT 2013

[clip]
On 08/19/2013 01:34 PM, Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On 8/19/2013 2:37 AM, Juan Luis Cano wrote:
>> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/2880
>>
>> it was suggested that we deprecate and eventually remove the financial
>> functions in NumPy
>
> It seems that this summary is a bit one-sided.  There was also
> a suggestion to move these into numpy.financial, which is much
> less disruptive.

Sorry for that, it's true that the summary was one-sided. I wanted to be
brief, and ended supressing some information.

I was not aware of the original motivation for having those functions
there, and I see those points are valid too. Nevertheless my motivations
for bringing this up on the mailing list go no further than raising
discussion and help closing and old issue, so apart from getting them
out from the main namespace (either numpy.financial or complete removal,
and yes, for aesthetic reasons) I am +-0 on either proposal.

Juan Luis Cano