[Numpy-discussion] Deprecation of financial routines

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 02:37:59 EDT 2013

As now master is open for 1.9, following the discussion opened here

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/2880

it was suggested that we deprecate and eventually remove the financial
functions in NumPy, because they pollute the main namespace and some are
unimplemented. We could put them in a separate package, in case it
doesn't exist yet. Nathaniel Smith and Ralf Gommers already gave +1, and
Charles Harris suggested bringing this up in the mailing list.

Thoughts?