[Numpy-discussion] About ready to start 1.8 release process.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:41:17 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I think we are about ready to start on the 1.8 release. There are a few
things left to do, but there are PR's for most of them. There are a couple
of issues that I think need discussion.

   1. Should diagonal return a view in this release or the next?
   2. Should multiple field selection return a view in this release of the
   next?
   3. Datetime64 will not be modified in this release.

I'd also like to do a major whitespace clean up before the release, a lot
has crept in. A style clean up, spaces after commas, etc., might also be
desirable but I think it can wait and be done piecemeal.

If there is anything that you think* has to be done*, please comment.

Chuck