[Numpy-discussion] Raveling, reshape order keyword unnecessarily confuses index and memory ordering

srean srean.list at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 18:44:27 EDT 2013

As one lurker to another, thanks for calling it out.

Over-argumentative, and personality centric threads like these have
actually led me to distance myself from the numpy community. I do not know
how common it is now because I do not follow it closely anymore. It used to
be quite common at one point in time. I came down to check after a while,
and lo there it is again.

If a mail is put forward as a question "i find this confusing, is it
confusing for you", it ought not to devolve into a shouting match atop
moral high-horses "so you think I am stupid do you?  too smart are you ?
how dare you express that it doesnt bother you as much when it bothers me
and my documented case of 4 people. I have four, how many do you have"

If something is posed as a question one should be open to the answers.
Sometimes it is better not to pose it a question at all but offer
alternatives and ask for preference.

I am not siding with any of the technical options provided, just requesting
that the discourse not devolve into these personality oriented contests. It
gets too loud and noisy.

Thank you