[Numpy-discussion] Making numpy sensible: backward compatibility please

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:44:09 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bitch, bitch, bitch. Look, I know you are pissed and venting a bit, but this
> problem could have been detected and reported 6 months ago, that is, unless
> it is new due to development on your end.

It would be great if we could keep these kinds of comments out of  our
regular discourse.

Gael's email was a calmly composed, friendly and balanced view from
someone developing widely used code (sklearn) and using numpy daily
for production work.  He also happens to be a member of this
community from long ago, so I'm sure he'll know to ignore the above
and won't be deterred from providing feedback again in the future when
necessary.

But if newcomers find that the feedback they provide on this list with
real-world issues is met with replies like the above, I suspect it
will greatly diminish the likelihood they will engage us.  Numpy will
overall be hurt as a project.

Chuck, I'd like to encourage you to use a more civil discourse and
dispense with the unnecessarily aggressive angles.

Regards,