[Numpy-discussion] Use OpenBLAS for the binary releases?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 06:44:58 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Henry Gomersall <heng at cantab.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 10:49 +0000, David Cournapeau wrote:
>> That's already what we do (on.windows anyway). The binary installer
>> contains multiple arch binaries, and we pick the bewt one.
>
> Interesting. Does it (or can it) extend to different algorithmic
> implementations?

It is rather simple, in that it expects a different, full installer
for each new combination. I would rather not complicate things too
much there, as it is working well for its purpose and is not easy to
modify. We would need something similar on Mac to make openblas a good
replacement on that platform.

David