[Numpy-discussion] 1.7.0 release

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:01:20 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:18 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 02:27:02PM -0800, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
>> I successfully defended my Ph.D. thesis last Thursday, I just need to
>> do some changes to it and submit it and I am done.
>
> Yey! Tag and release (the thesis, I mean)!
>
> Congratulation.

> PS: It seems to me that it was yesterday that you moved to the state. You
> didn't loose time with your PhD. Very impressive!

Thanks everybody. Gael, it feels like yesterday, but it's been 4 years ago.
And I had an M.S. degree already from Prague which took 2 years, so the total
time is 6, and I had to wait 0.5 years after finishing my M.S. and before coming
to the US (paperwork), so this gives 6.5 years since finishing my B.C.
degree. The average
time for physics Ph.D. seems to be 5.5 years, at least according to [1], so
I am 1 year late, but I had to overcome a few bumps along the way ---
maybe I'll write
a blog post later.

Ondrej

[1] http://physics.uchicago.edu/prospective/graduate/index.html