[Numpy-discussion] different percentile implementations ?

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:56:03 EDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Pierre Haessig
<pierre.haessig at crans.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A quick question I've had in mind for some time but didn't find a solution :
> Is there a significant difference between "numpy.percentile" and
> "scipy.stats.scoreatpercentile" ?
>
> Of course the signatures are somewhat different, but I have the feeling
> that the overall purpose is the same. Am I missing something ?

similar to std, var, histogram, ... some functions from scipy.stats
are now in numpy.

However, in contrast to std, var, I think scoreatpercentile should be
enhanced and not removed (similar to histogram), for example my
attempt:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1329

Josef