[Numpy-discussion] subclassing array in c

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Fri Mar 9 04:08:27 EST 2012

09.03.2012 08:00, Christoph Gohle kirjoitti:
> I don't want to look as if I want other people do my work,
> so I would like to ask if there is a simple way of tracing
> memory leaks (without recompiling the python interpreter)?

The easiest way probably is to compile Numpy with debug symbols on, set
breakpoints to relevant routines in your class and inside Numpy, and
then step through the execution with (c)gdb.

Automatic memory leak detection tools maybe don't help so much here, as
the problem is likely in wrong reference counting.

--
Pauli Virtanen