[Numpy-discussion] Meta: help, devel and stackoverflow

srean srean.list at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 17:23:42 EDT 2012

> Isn't that what the various sections are for?

Indeed they are, but it still needs active "pulling" on behalf of
those who would want to answer questions and even then a question can
sink deep in the well. Deeper than what one typically monitors.
Sometimes question are not appropriately tagged. Sometimes it is not
obvious what the tag should be, or  which tag is being monitored by
the persons who might have the answer.

Could be less of a problem for us given that its a more focused group
and the predefined tags are not split too fine.

I think the main issue is that SO requires more active engagement than
a mailing list because checking for new mail has become something that
almost everyone does by default anyway.

Not saying SO is bad, I have benefited greatly from it, but this
issues should be kept in mind.