[Numpy-discussion] Meta: help, devel and stackoverflow

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:22:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM, srean <srean.list at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And I continue to think it sends the wrong message.
>
> Maybe if you articulate your fears I will be able to appreciate your
> point of view more.

Ah - I'm afraid I don't know how to say what I mean more clearly :(

I can repeat myself, more or less, to say that this split both
encapsulates a distinction that I think we should not make, and
distracts from the fundamental issues at stake behind the recent
discussions.

I suppose I'd add that it does some harm to seek technical solutions
for fundamental societal problems. The technical solution may be more
or less neutral in effect, but it takes the focus off the problem we
should be dealing with.  The joke about the drunk under a lamp post
looking for his keys.

See you,

Matthew