[Numpy-discussion] Remove current 1.7 branch?

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 01:21:41 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Travis and I agree that it would be appropriate to remove the current 1.7.x
> branch and branch again after a code freeze. That way we can avoid the pain
> and potential errors of backports. It is considered bad form to mess with
> public repositories that way, so another option would be to rename the
> branch, although I'm not sure how well that would work. Suggestions?

I might be mistaken, but if the branch is merged into master (even if
that merge makes no changes), I think it's safe to delete it at that
point (and recreate it at a later date with the same name) with
regards to remote repositories.  It should be fairly easy to test.

Ray Jones