[Numpy-discussion] Loading a Quicktime moive (*.mov) as series of arrays

Peter numpy-discussion at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 05:19:21 EST 2012

Sending this again (sorry Robert, this will be the second time
for you) since I sent from a non-subscribed email address the
first time.

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 19:10, Peter wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is there a recommended (and ideally cross platform)
>> way to load the frames of a QuickTime movie (*.mov
>> file) in Python as NumPy arrays? ...
>
> I've had luck with pyffmpeg, though I haven't tried
> QuickTime .mov files:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/pyffmpeg/

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sadly right now pyffmpeg won't install on Mac OS X,
at least not with the version of Cython I have installed:
http://code.google.com/p/pyffmpeg/issues/detail?id=44

There doesn't seem to have been any activity on the
official repository for some time either.

Peter