[Numpy-discussion] installing numpy in jython (in Netbeans)

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 27 12:51:24 EDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Todd Brunhoff <toddb at nvr.com> wrote:
> Chris,

> winpdb is ok, although it is only a graphic debugger, not an ide, emphasis
> on the 'd'.

yup -- I mentioned, that as you seem to like NB -- and I know I try to
use the same editor for eveything.

But if you want a nice full-on IDE for Python, there are a lot of
them. I"m an editor_termal guy, so I can't make a recommendation, but
some of the biggies are:

Eclipse+PyDev
PyCharm
WindIDE
Spyder (particularly nice for numpy/ matplotlib, etc)

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov