[Numpy-discussion] What is consensus anyway

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:52:09 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/4/24 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The advantage of nans, I suppose, is that they are in the hardware and
>> > so
>>
>> Why are we having a discussion on NAN's in a thread on consensus?
>> This is a strong indicator of the problem we're facing.
>>

> We seem to have a consensus regarding interest in the topic.

This email is mainly to Travis.

This thread seems to be dying, condemning us to keep repeating the
same conversation with no result.

Chuck has made it clear he is not interested in this conversation.
Until it is clear you are interested in this conversation, it will
keep dying.   As you know, I think that will be very bad for numpy,
and, as you know, I care a great deal about that.

So, please, if you care about this, and agree that something should be
done, please, say so, and if you don't agree something should be done,
say so.  It can't better without your help,

See you,

Matthew