[Numpy-discussion] A 1.6.2 release?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:04:31 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Given the amount of new stuff coming in 1.7 and the slip in it's schedule,
I wonder if it would be worth putting out a 1.6.2 release with fixes for
einsum, ticket 1578, perhaps some others. My reasoning is that the fall
releases of Fedora, Ubuntu are likely to still use 1.6 and they might as
well use a somewhat fixed up version. The downside is located and
backporting fixes is likely to be a fair amount of work. A 1.7 release
would be preferable, but I'm not sure when we can make that happen.

Chuck