[Numpy-discussion] YouTrack testbed

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:18:48 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Maggie Mari <maggie.mari at continuum.io>wrote:

> On 4/1/12 6:02 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> > The interface looks good, but to get a feeling for how this would
> > really work out I think admin rights are necessary. Then we can try
> > out the command window (mass editing of issues), the rest API, etc.
> > Could you send those out off-list?
>
> Hi Ralf,
>
> I have added you to the admin group.  Let me know if you have any
> trouble.  Who else should be added?

Thanks Maggie.

Here some first impressions.

The good:
- It's responsive!
- It remembers my preferences (view type, # of issues per page, etc.)
- Editing multiple issues with the command window is easy.
- Search and filter functionality is powerful

The bad:
- Multiple projects are supported, but issues are then really mixed. The
way this works doesn't look very useful for combined admin of numpy/scipy
trackers.
- I haven't found a way yet to make versions and subsystems appear in the
one-line issue overview.
- Fixed issues are still shown by default. There are several open issues
filed against youtrack about this, with no reasonable answers.
- Plain text attachments (.txt, .diff, .patch) can't be viewed, only
downloaded.
- No direct VCS integration, only via Teamcity (not set up, so can't
evaluate).
- No useful default views as in Trac (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/report
).

Overall, I have to say that I'm not convinced yet.

Ralf