[Numpy-discussion] Ticket review process

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:48:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Hrvoje Nikšić <hniksic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> About a month ago I filed ticket #1943
> (http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1943), which describes a
> remaining unfixed item in #1388. Several days ago I also attached a
> patch and moved the ticket to the "needs review" state.
>
> Is there anything else I should or could do to get the patch reviewed
> and, if passing, applied? The bug can be worked around, but requires
> workarounds in all code that needs to use frombuffer with potentially
> empty buffers.

I might be wrong, but I have the impression that the most effective
route for patches is via a pull request:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/gitwash/development_workflow.html#asking-for-your-changes-to-be-merged-with-the-main-repo

- especially if your changes include a test which will fail for the
broken behavior.

Best,

Matthew