[Numpy-discussion] strange dimension-dependent behaviour of einsum

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue May 17 22:25:55 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Wieland Brendel <wielandbrendel at gmx.net>wrote:

>  It also fails for
>
> T = random.random((2,d,d))
> W = random.random((2,d,d,i))
>
> and d > 2. For d = 3 it fails for i = 911...1365.
>
> Should I submit this as a bug (if so, how do I do that?) and/or contact the
> author Mark Wiebe?
>
> Wieland
>
> PS: How do I reply directly to your messages?
> **

Just reply in the normal way and it will go to the list so everyone can see
it. To open a ticket, go to the scipy site <http://www.scipy.org/> and click
on the report bugs icon and follow instructions. You will need to register
and it will help if you can produce a simple example the reproduces the
problem. I used powers of two for the dimensions because these sort of
problems tend to be related to counting in binary. Ones instead of random
makes the arithmetic exact so it is easier to see what is going on, etc.

Chuck