[Numpy-discussion] np.histogram on arrays.

Éric Depagne eric at depagne.org
Tue Mar 29 09:29:35 EDT 2011

Hi all.

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I've searched the archive, but
could not find anything related, so here is my question.

I'm using np.histogram on a 4000x4000 array, each with 200 bins. I do that on
both dimensions, meaning I compute 8000 histograms. It takes around 5 seconds
(which is of course quite fast).

I was wondering why np.histogram does not accept an axis parameter so that it
could work directly on the array without me having to write a loop.

Or maybe did I miss some parameters using np.histogram.

Thanks.

Éric.

Un clavier azerty en vaut deux
Éric Depagne                            eric at depagne.org