[Numpy-discussion] Array views

srean srean.list at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:50:24 EDT 2011

Hi Christopher,

thanks for taking the time to reply at length. I do understand the concept
of striding in general but was not familiar with the  Numpy way of accessing
that information. So thanks for pointing me to .flag and .stride.

That said, BLAS/LAPACK do have apis that take the stride length into
account. But for sparse arrays I think its a hopeless situation. That is a
bummer, because sparse is what I need. Oh well, I will probably do it in C++

-- srean

p.s. I hope top posting is not frowned upon here. If so, I will keep that in
mind in my future posts.