[Numpy-discussion] Fortran was dead ... [was Re: rewriting NumPy code in C or C++ or similar]

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Wed Mar 23 06:14:34 EDT 2011

I've been busy lately, so I haven't had time to answer.

The idea is of course to use Fortran with Python, not to build a
framework in Fortran. I also find C useful to interface with the
operating system, and Cython to write C extensions for Python.

Also, if the computationally demaning parts are taken care of by
libraries (LAPACK et al.), it does not matter from which language we
call the performance libraries.

Sturla