[Numpy-discussion] Multiply along axis

Robert Elsner mlist at re-factory.de
Wed Jun 29 11:05:20 EDT 2011

Yeah great that was spot-on. And I thought I knew most of the slicing
tricks. I combined it with a slice object so that

idx_obj = [ None for i in xrange(a.ndim) ]
idx_obj[axis] = slice(None)

a * x[idx_object]

works the way I want it. Suggestions are welcome but I am happy with the
quick solution you pointed out. Thanks