[Numpy-discussion] fast numpy i/o

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jun 27 13:34:59 EDT 2011

On 27.06.2011, at 7:11PM, Nils Becker wrote:

>>> Finally, the former Scientific.IO NetCDF interface is now part of
>>> scipy.io, but I assume it only supports netCDF 3 (the documentation
>>> is not specific about that). This might be the easiest option for a
>>> portable data format (if Matlab supports it).
>
>> Yes, it is NetCDF 3.
>
> In recent versions of Scientific, NetCDF 4 can be written and read, see
>
> http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/ScientificPython/ScientificPythonManual/Scientific.IO.NetCDF.NetCDFFile-class.html

Quite remarkable, since from the Scientific home page it was not obvious the package had been developed at all in the last 4 years or even made the transition from Numeric! But apparently 2.9.x is doing so; however it also requires the Unidata netCDF library and everything that comes with that.

Cheers,
							Derek