[Numpy-discussion] crash in multiarray

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:39:21 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 15:18, Benjamin Root <ben.root at ou.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 15:03, Benjamin Root <ben.root at ou.edu> wrote:
>> > Using the master branch, I was running the scipy tests when a crash
>> > occurred.  I believe the crash originates within numpy.  The tests for
>> > numpy
>> > do pass on my machine (F15, x86_64, python 2.7).  Below is the
>> > backtrace:
>>
>> Please run "scipy.test(verbose=2)" in order to determine what test is
>> triggering the crash.
>>
>> Even better, if you can install faulthandler and run the tests under
>> that, you can give us a full Python traceback where the segfault
>> occurs.
>>
>>  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/faulthandler
>>

> Cool module.  Ok, looks like the failure is triggered here:
>
> File
> "/home/bvr/Programs/scipy/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/tests/test_arpack.py",
> line 378 in test_ticket_1459_arpack_crash

Well, if it's testing that it crashes, test passed!

Here is the referenced ticket and the relevant commits:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1459
https://github.com/pv/scipy-work/commit/ee92958b24cabb77b90b2426653d133ba956edd2
https://github.com/pv/scipy-work/commit/46aca8abdcdd4706945dd513f949400e903585f8

--