[Numpy-discussion] need help building a numpy extension that uses fftpack on windows

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jun 9 09:48:28 EDT 2011

Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:37:36 -0400, martin smith wrote:
[clip]
> I'm game to go on with this but I'm concerned that the effort will be
> futile for the reason that Ralf suggested: duplication of some fftpack
> code in my module.  Does anyone have a clear idea whether or not this
> issue will be fatal for scikit acceptance?

This is not a problem. There are no formal acceptance criteria
for a scikit, nor a central authority making such decisions ---
it's mostly a question of commonly agreed on naming conventions
for packages. As long as your package has something to do with
science, I'm sure nobody will object to its existence.

Naming your package scikits.something may give it a small
boost in visibility, but apart from that, it's just an ordinary
Python package.

--
Pauli Virtanen