[Numpy-discussion] Numeric integration of higher order integrals

Anne Archibald aarchiba at physics.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 1 08:47:00 EDT 2011

When the dimensionality gets high, grid methods like you're describing
start to be a problem ("the curse of dimensionality"). The standard
approaches are simple Monte Carlo integration or its refinements
(Metropolis-Hasings, for example). These converge somewhat slowly, but
are not much affected by the dimensionality.

Anne