[Numpy-discussion] Installing numpy

Jonathan Tu jhtu at princeton.edu
Tue Jan 18 15:31:21 EST 2011

Hi,

I realized that my cluster has MKL installed.  I've been trying to
install against MKL, but am having trouble getting this to work.
After it finishes, I do

import numpy
numpy.show_config()

and nothing about the MKL libraries shows up.  I have edited site.cfg
to read like this:

[mkl]
library_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.4.032/lib/em64t
include_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/10.2.4.032/include
lapack_libs = mkl_lapack
mkl_libs = mkl, guide

My cluster is using Intel Xeon processors, and I edited cc_exe as
follows

cc_exe = 'icc -O2 -fPIC'

Then I did

python setup.py config --compiler=intel build_clib --compiler=intel
build_ext --compiler=intel install --prefix=/home/jhtu/local

Jonathan Tu