[Numpy-discussion] Is python 3 supported or not?

Peter numpy-discussion at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 14:24:41 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM, David Cortesi <davecortesi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I asked about getting numpy to install on OS X with Activestate Python
> 3. I got thoughtful & responsive replies from three of you, many
> thanks to all! I am sad that the consistent message was, "forget it."

I thought the message was since there isn't the easy option of a
binary installer provided for Python 3 (yet), you should just install
NumPy from source if you really want to use Python 3. That works
for me fine on Mac OS X 10.6 (using both Python 3.1 and the
current beta of Python 3.2, both themselves compiled from source).

Peter

P.S. You forgot to reference the thread, for those that missed it see:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2011-January/054486.html