[Numpy-discussion] Submitting patches

Justin Peel jpscipy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 03:30:24 EST 2011

Hi all,

I've been submitting some patches recently just by putting them on
Trac. However, I noticed in the Numpy Developer Guide that it says:

    The recommended way to proceed is either to attach these files to
an enhancement ticket in the Numpy Trac and send a mail about the
enhancement to the NumPy mailing list.

This line is rather confusing. Either the 'either' should be removed
or 'and'->'or'. In other words, is it sufficient to submit the patch
in Trac or should I also be emailing the Numpy mailing list about each
patch I submit?

Justin