[Numpy-discussion] create a numpy array of images

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Tue Feb 1 13:58:16 EST 2011

Den 01.02.2011 18:58, skrev Christopher Barker:
> But if you really have big collections of images, you might try memory
> mapped arrays -- as Sturla pointed out they wont' let you create monster
> arrays on a 32 bit python,

But they will on 64 bit Python :D We can just memory map a temporary
file, and fake as much "memory" as we need. The OS will optimize the
disk access. Also consider that hardware is cheap compared to labour, at
least in Europe. Is programming for memory limited 32 bit Python worth
the effort?

Sturla