[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.7.0 release?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:18:31 EST 2011

Hi Ralf,

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's been a little over 6 months since the release of 1.6.0 and the NA
> debate has quieted down, so I'd like to ask your opinion on the timing of
> 1.7.0. It looks to me like we have a healthy amount of bug fixes and small
> improvements, plus three larger chucks of work:
>
> - datetime
> - NA
> - Bento support
>
> My impression is that both datetime and NA are releasable, but should be
> labeled "tech preview" or something similar, because they may still see
> significant changes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> There's still some maintenance work to do and pull requests to merge, but
> a beta release by Christmas should be feasible. What do you all think?

I'm now thinking that is too optimistic. There are a fair number of tickets
that need to be looked at, including some for einsum and the iterator, and
I think the number of pull requests needs to be reduced. How about sometime
in the beginning of January?

Chuck