[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.7.0 release?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:43:57 EST 2011

Hi all,

It's been a little over 6 months since the release of 1.6.0 and the NA
debate has quieted down, so I'd like to ask your opinion on the timing of
1.7.0. It looks to me like we have a healthy amount of bug fixes and small
improvements, plus three larger chucks of work:

- datetime
- NA
- Bento support

My impression is that both datetime and NA are releasable, but should be
labeled "tech preview" or something similar, because they may still see
significant changes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There's still some maintenance work to do and pull requests to merge, but a
beta release by Christmas should be feasible. What do you all think?

Cheers,
Ralf