[Numpy-discussion] Eigenvalues did not converge

Paul Anton Letnes paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 11:31:09 EDT 2011

I recently got into trouble with these calculations (although I used scipy). I actually got segfaults and "bus errors". The solution for me was to not link against ATLAS, but rather link against Apple's blas/lapack libraries. That got everything working again. I would suggest trying to install against something other than ATLAS and see if that helps (or, more generally, determining which blas/lapack you are linking against, and try something else).

Paul