[Numpy-discussion] help translating matlab to numpy

alan at ajackson.org alan at ajackson.org
Sun Aug 14 13:56:43 EDT 2011

Never mind, I've been digging through too much stuff and got confused...

I think trying to read Matlab code can do that to you. 8-)

>I'm translating some code from Matlab to numpy, and struggling a bit
>since I have very little knowledge of Matlab.
>
>My question is this - the arg function in Matlab (which seems to be deprecated,
>they don't show it in their current documentation) is exactly equivalent to
>what in Numpy? I know it is angle(x, deg=1) to get degrees instead of radians,
>but what is the output range for the Matlab function -pi to pi, or 0 to 2*pi ?
>
>Thanks!
>
>--

| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
| alan at ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
| www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |