[Numpy-discussion] Zero row in SVD's unitary matrix on some Mac's

Rob Beezer beezer at ups.edu
Tue Apr 26 13:45:08 EDT 2011

On 04/26/2011 10:19 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> If it is an Accelerate bug it got fixed on OS X 10.6. Below is the
> output with both current master and 1.5.1. It may be worth checking
> this on 10.5 with the binary Numpy installer from Sourceforge to make
> sure it's not the Sage build process causing this somehow.

Thanks, Ralf.  Indeed, we have no reports of problems on OSX 10.6, and it is
likely there have been many tests on that platform.  So a test of numpy on 10.5,
independent of Sage's build process, would be useful.

I don't have access to a Mac, but I posted your suggestion to the Sage ticket
for this, where hopefully somebody will take it up.