[Numpy-discussion] python3 setup.py install fails with git maint/1.6.x

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:31:36 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Darren Dale <dsdale24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just checkout out the 1.6 branch, attempted to install with python3:

I hope you mean the 1.6.0b1 tarball, not the current branch head? This
problem is (or should have been) fixed.

Just tried again with python3.2 and 1.6.0b2, installs fine. The line
it fails on is only reached when a numpy/version.py exists, which is
the case for source releases or if you did not clean your local git
repo before building.

If it is still a problem, can you check what's in version.py and give
us details of OS etc.?

Cheers,
Ralf