[Numpy-discussion] DataArray fixes

Lluís xscript at gmx.net
Wed Oct 13 09:02:52 EDT 2010

Fernando Perez writes:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Lluís <xscript at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Well, the pull requests I posted to your repository are for fairly trivial fixes
>> (but some still need documentation and regression test updates).
>>

> By the way Lluis, I replied to one of your requests (Keith merged the
> other one, thanks!) here:

How can I see which one got merged without checking one by one?

> http://github.com/fperez/datarray/pull/23

> Basically it currently breaks most tests, so we can't really go
> forward until it applies cleanly on trunk and actually works :)

Yup, I know it brings havok to the tests, as the constructor interface
is essentially different.

I'll try to find some time at the beginning of next month to fix all
missing bits on my pull requests.

An yes, I saw you comment. On the naming issue... I thought that
datarray module would be inside numpy, so the construction interface
would be:
      numpy.datarray.array(...)
        User-friendly constructor with "inlined" contents.
      numpy.datarray.DataArray(...)
        Low-level contructor with uninitialized contents.

Lluis

 Tollbooth