[Numpy-discussion] Development workflow

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 05:40:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

>> Does anyone disagree with Pauli's never-push-your-own-changes suggestion?
>
> I think it is a little too extreme for trivial changes like one-liner
> and the likes, but I think it is a good default rule (that is if you are
> not sure, don't push your own changes).

Well - but

a) if it's a one-liner - I bet you can get someone to sign it off
within an hour.
b) I've done one-liners that caused a mess.  Maybe it's just me ;)
c) The only thing you lose from waiting for a sign-off is a few hours
- the code is still there if someone needs to use it.   That was the
problem with SVN - if it wasn't in trunk, it was rotting - but we
don't have the problem now.

See you,

Matthew