[Numpy-discussion] numpy.genfromtxt converters issue

Lluís xscript at gmx.net
Mon Nov 15 07:07:58 EST 2010

Pierre GM writes:

> On Nov 14, 2010, at 9:30 PM, Lluís wrote:

>> This will work as long as 'first_values' is assured to always contain
>> valid data and as long as its indexes are equivalent to those in
>> converters (which I simply haven't checked).

> I beat you to it, actually ;)

Argh! :)

> Check the git push I committed earlier today. I followed exactly the
> same approach as yours (well, almost: I do check whether the first
> line is empty (there were names) and then fall back on the default
> testing value ('1')...

Just out of curiosity... why do you check for the length of
'first_line'? Now I've looked into the code, and it seems that
'first_values' will always contain valid contents:
  https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/de4de92be21e4dda3665648ad5102b3729d4e0b0/numpy/lib/npyio.py#L1209

Lluis

 Tollbooth