[Numpy-discussion] about SIMD (SSE2 & SSE3)

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 21:05:57 EDT 2010

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM, qihua wu <staywithpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I used the following command to install the numpy to enable the SSE3
> numpy-1.5.1rc1-win32-superpack-python3.1.exe /arch sse3

The whole point of the super pack installer is to install the most
optimized one possible on your machine. So you should not use the arch
flag (it is meant for people who want to explicity install something
which is not the most optimal one).

As for your program, it depends too much on what you are doing. Keep
in mind that java with the appropriate JVM is pretty fast,

cheers,

David