[Numpy-discussion] Py3k: making a py3k compat header available in installed numpy for scipy

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Mar 29 11:11:47 EDT 2010

ma, 2010-03-29 kello 19:13 +0900, David Cournapeau kirjoitti:
> I have worked on porting scipy to py3k, and it is mostly working. One
> thing which would be useful is to install something similar to
> npy_3kcompat.h in numpy, so that every scipy extension could share the
> compat header. Is the current python 3 compatibility header usable "in
> the wild", or will it still significantly change (this requiring a
> different, more stable one) ?

I believe it's reasonably stable, as it contains mostly simple stuff.
Something perhaps can be added later, but I don't think anything will
need to be removed.

At least, I don't see what I would like to change there. The only thing
I wouldn't perhaps like to have in the long run are the PyString and
possibly PyInt redefinition macros. But if the header is going to be
used elsewhere, we can as well freeze it now and promise not to remove
or change anything existing.

	Pauli