[Numpy-discussion] Help!!! Docstrings overrun by markup crap.

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 09:57:51 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Alan G Isaac <aisaac at american.edu> wrote:
> On 3/21/2010 12:54 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>> too many blank lines are needed
>
> Please define "need" after seeing the compact example I posted.
>
> Personally, I think reST makes the right trade-offs,
> minimizing markup within the constraint of being unambiguous.

I tried
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.signal.signaltools.convolve/diff/4791/5687/

last night, but no version looks really nice. I didn't manage the
definition list.

The mode parameter description is an example for  the most common case
when we need to do lists in the Parameters descriptions.

But I don't think we have consistent use of markup for this case until now

One alternative is here:
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.interpolate.rbf.Rbf/

A good example that can be used as pattern and is acceptable would be useful.

Josef