[Numpy-discussion] crash at prompt exit after running test

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp at iki.fi
Wed Mar 10 09:59:31 EST 2010

Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:40:04 +0100, Johann Cohen-Tanugi wrote:
> Pauli, isn't it hopeless to follow the execution of the source code when
> the crash actually occurs when I exit, and not when I execute. I would
> have to understand enough of this umath_tests.c.src to spot a refcount
> error or things like that????

Yeah, it's not easy, and requires knowing how to track this type of
errors. I didn't actually mean that you should try do it, just posed it
as a general challenge to all interested parties :)

On a more serious note, maybe there's a compilation flag or something in
Python that warns when refcounts go negative (or something).

Cheers,
Pauli