[Numpy-discussion] Memory leak in signal.convolve2d? Alternative?

David Reichert d.p.reichert at sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 14:49:53 EST 2010

Hi,

I just reported a memory leak with matrices, and I might have found
another (unrelated) one in the convolve2d function:

import scipy.signal
from numpy import ones

while True:
    scipy.signal.convolve2d(ones((1,1)), ones((1,1)))

Is there an alternative implementation of a 2d convolution? On the long
run I'd be interested in using GPU acceleration, but for now I'd just
like to get my code to run without running out of memory...

Cheers!

David