[Numpy-discussion] Superpack - one Complex test failure

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 1 08:40:01 EST 2010

Finally I got my Wine environment sorted out - I'm now able to build
superpack installers for both Python 2.5 and 2.6. I tested the 2.6 installer
on Windows XP, and got a single test failure. This exact same test also is
the only test failure with the numpy 1.3 installer on sourceforge. So the
installer seems fine to me, and either it's the machine on which I'm testing
or this test just fails on windows. What do other people see when using an
installer from Sourceforge?

For completeness: the installed version is SSE3, processor is Intel Core Duo
P8700.

FAIL: test_special_values (test_umath_complex.TestClog)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\tests\test_umath_complex.py", l
ine 179, in test_special_values
    assert_almost_equal(np.log(x), y)
  File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\numpy\testing\utils.py", line 437, in
asse
rt_almost_equal
    "DESIRED: %s\n" % (str(actual), str(desired)))
AssertionError: Items are not equal:
ACTUAL: [ NaN+2.35619449j]
DESIRED: (inf+2.35619449019j)

Ran 2342 tests in 8.000s

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=7, SKIP=1, failures=1)

Cheers,
Ralf