[Numpy-discussion] ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined symbol: NPY_COPY_PYOBJECT_PTR

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 12:37:14 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm upgrading the Debian package for Numpy to 1.4.1.
>
> Compilation goes well, but when I install the package for test and
> import numpy I got this traceback:

Do you have numpy already installed ? Because debian splits the numpy
package and installed the headers in /usr/include, which breaks the
build of pretty much every python extension out there (as it causes a
change in header inclusion).

The missing symbol is a macro defined in our public header, and is
relatively recent.

David