[Numpy-discussion] numpy for jython

David david at silveregg.co.jp
Sun Jun 13 21:58:24 EDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 10:23 AM, Jarl Haggerty wrote:
> Does anyone have any interest in a port of numpy to jython?

I am insterested, and I think interest is growing thanks to the cloud
computing fad, since a lot of this instrastructure is based on java
(hadoop, hbase, cassandra to name a few). Being able to use numpy on top
of those technologies would be extremely useful.

Now, I think reimplementing numpy from scratch is the wrong way if you
want to be able to reuse existing code (scipy, etc...). There is a
starting effort to refactor numpy to make it easier to port on new VM,
and JVM would be an obvious candidate to test those things.

cheers,

David

P.S: Nitpick: please avoid sending rar archives, only a few people can
read them easily. Use zip or tarballs